Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's heeeeeeeeere.

Well, It's here y'alls. Santa's coming tonight, so I guess we'll all be seeing who's been naughty and who's been nice.

After my last little bitch session on here, my Christmas was kind of up in the air, and I was extremely unhappy about it. But, like many times in my life, I have to remind myself that life is what we make it, and there's no reason to get hung up on a damn thing when there are so many fun options for a person to chose. Wallowing in self pitty makes you look like an asshole and alienates you from people.

Decided that I was being too negative and was hanging around too much negativity. Also decided that I was to scrap all Christmas options that I had been GIVEN, and make up my own. I'm an adult, it's time to start some of my own traditions.

BUT! A few things will always remain, mainly:

Ralphie!



Chipminks on Vinyl!



A Full Stomach



Adding to the mix this year:

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning church services: We all have our own beliefs, I count on mine to get me through and keep my ass in line with what I really need to be doing with my life. I'm lucky that I have a really nice church family that doesn't judge me for anything and never makes me feel weird like some church folk can. I have a roost of mother hens there that always make me feel protected, loved and appreciated. Can't imagine not spending time with that "family" this Christmas.

Gremlins: Somehow this movie always escapes me this time of year even though it's very much a Christmas Movie. Plus there's snippets of "It's a Wonderful Life" in it, so you can get the Cliffsnotes version of it that way.

Friends: I've neglected all of my friends as of late due to "being so busy", and letting a few other people or things get in the way. I'm going to reconnect and quit being such a hermit. I miss my friends dearly and am thankfull that they still want anything to do with me with my past behaviors ;-)Plus it helps that the weather pattern here in Omaha is stranding most of us, so there will be more of us around than usual.

Dinner: Planing and Making my own Christmas dinner for the first time ever. I very much want it to be perfect. And as far as your going to know, it's a culinary masterpeice as I'm going to be making it for One, me. I think a little time alone to reflect is in order for this holiday as well, but not too long. I've got people I want to celebrate with.

So anyhow, hope everyone enjoys themselves and finds a peice of the bigger picture in their time with their loved ones.

Love you guys! Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Ray Ray said...

Hey there, jr. great to see you've got a loving church family and lots of friends and the ability to cook yourself a tasty xmas dinner. Hope it was great! May your 2010 be filled with love, prosperity and good times!