Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Janet's Leaking!

I'm totally crapping my britches for the leaked Janet demo (? sounds pretty complete to me) that I heard on the Gay Pimpin with Jonny McGovern show this week. Here's a link to the show, they play the song at about 107:30, give or take.

http://www.mediafly.com/Podcasts/Feeds/Gay_Pimpin_with_Jonny_McGovern#Gay_Pimpin_with_Jonny_McGovern_81809_1

It's Janet exactly the way I like her. She introduces herself like she often does, "Miss Jackson..." Throws a little giggle in at the beginning, and not since "All for you" has she explicitly left a good 20-30 second stretch about 2/3rds into the song for a good choreographed break down. Classic fuckin' Janet. Trying to hear if she's back in the clear with the Jam/Lewis team since her time with Jarmaine Dupri seems to have expired (about 7 years and 3 albums too late).




I was even able to find some teaser art for the new album....HATE IT. But she can look as whacked out as she wants to as long as she can deliver on the tunes. I miss me some good quality Janet, and while there have been a handfull of songs from her last 3, well 2 of the last 3 albums, I'm hoping for a full disc of loveliness like she used to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear this... you just said exactly what I've been thinking about her career lately. No more Dupri!!! I just hope the public grabs onto her next release as well, because sometimes good music isn't good enough for a US hit (Kylie)

Oh, and we need to talk soon about a certain drag queen. Call me when you get the batphone hooked back up.

heat said...

Let me guess, Diva joined a convent...