Friday, January 15, 2010

On a whim...

Not much coherency with this one kids (like there ever is), just some random thoughts to wrap up the week.

Started riding the bus to work this week. The route from my apartment is perfect. It's cheap to ride. It's nice to relax and let someone else do the driving after a mind numbing day in the cube of hell. The only thing that sucks is waiting for buses in between transfers and, let's face it, bus people are kind of weird.

Going out tonight with an old friend I've seen probably twice in the 9 years since we graduated from high school. She's bringing her girlfriend and she wants to go gay bar hoping. Will hate to see the disappointment in her eyes when she realizes that Omaha barely caters to the Lezbroz. Hoping the bars will be a fluke so that we don't somehow end up at "Connections".

Heidi Montag is a total Twat who came in on the Twat Train from Twat Town. That being said I listened to a few of her songs and like some. Feeling a little bit terrible about that one (the song Overdose in particular).

One sentence movie reviews of my redbox rentals of the last few weeks:

Watchmen: I liked all the big blue wang that was in it.

Orphan: Gave me the creeps and was grateful there wasn't an adolescent in sight.

Julie & Julia: Surprised I didn't eat while watching it.

Bruno: Just plain bad.

The Hangover: Not nearly as funny as I was expecting, disappointed.

Observe and Report: Didn't even want to see it but it busted my shit up harder than anything in a long time.

Paranormal Activity: Gave me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach when it was over.

Inglorious Basterdz: Not a favorite from a director that I worship.

Terminator Salvation: One to watch again when not inebriated.



That's it. Everybody stay safe and have a kick ass weekend.

1 comment:

nintendo dsi r4 said...

Really nice post i want to say something about the terminator salvation is I doubt I'll see such exciting, clear action sequences for the rest of the summer, and it's a shame they had to be stuffed into such an ill-considered package.