Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I love/hate Facebook

I’m having quite the love/hate relationship with my Facebook account as of late. Especially after this weekend. I love it for the fact that I’ve been able to re-connect with old friends, just like I did this weekend. But I also hate looking back at drunk posts that have been up for hours that everyone’s pretty much already seen, making it too late to delete, just like this weekend.

It’s not that I don’t realize that everyone that I friend can see my posts, for the most part I’m good with that. Yeah, maybe Aunt Tootie doesn’t want to hear me say the word “boner” and Cousin Kelly doesn’t want to hear about bodily functions that I think are funny. But for the most part, I think everyone knows the type of person that I am, and know that I’ve got some quirks and a really friggin’ weird sense of humor at times.

At one point this weekend one of my posts got a comment on how “vulgar” it was and “what has happened to me”. It must have been cause I used the word “cunt” in it, which I don’t particularly like either, but seriously give me a friggin’ break. If this shocks you that you would hear this come from me, then we obviously don’t know each other that well. And if you’re that prone to being offended by what I post, you have the power to change that. I talk like a 28 year old, albeit sometimes an immature one, but it’s my prerogative and I’m not going to apologize for it.

What does get embarrassing to me though are the public outbursts that I sometime think are appropriate to melt down over in front of everybody. But I think it should be realized that I’m still getting used to living on my own, and I’m not always used to not having constant interaction with another person. So I think sometimes I tend to go into tailspin mode either through Facebook Posts or massive texts when issues arise. Usually more often then not when I’ve had a few cocktails and not only do I sound completely neurotic or like I’m in pure crisis mode, totally freaking out. I have to admit, it’s really ridiculous to see. Sometimes it’s funny a couple of weeks later, but more often than not it just sounds like annoying faggot who’s begging for attention. And it probably is, ha ha.

Either way, I like my Social Networking Friends good enough, but it’s the flesh and blood friends that I really listen to in everyday life (and a handful of my blogger friends). SO, that being said, I don’t see my neurotic ass calming the hell down anytime soon, so feel free to delete me if you’ve had enough. No hard feelings. Later kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an aunt Tootie? That's freaking awesome.

And bodily functions are ALWAYS funny.